Are you pregnant?
Are you ready to quit smoking or have you recently quit?
Quitting smoking is the most important thing you can do for your health and the health of your baby.
How can I join the BABY & ME-Tobacco Free Program?
In order to join the BABY & ME-Tobacco Free Program you must be:
- Living in an area that offers the program.
- Less than 36 weeks’ gestation.
- A current tobacco user, quit since becoming pregnant, or quit within 3 months of becoming pregnant.
- If you have already quit, you will need to provide proof that you were a tobacco user. We will ask for a referral or note from your healthcare provider.
How does the BABY & ME-Tobacco Free Program work?
- Enroll in the program, either at a physical location offered in your area or through the telehealth model offered in your state.
- Attend 4 prenatal counseling sessions, approximately 20-30 minutes each.
- Attend 6-12 postpartum counseling sessions, conducted monthly after your baby is born.
- Quit smoking and stay quit during and after your pregnancy.
- Agree to take a minimum of 4 breath tests during pregnancy and 6-12 monthly tests after the baby is born.
- Receive vouchers for diapers/baby wipes when you test tobacco free during your pregnancy and after the baby is born. The vouchers can be used to buy any brand, size, or style of infant diapers/baby wipes at participating stores.